Embodied Archetype Workshop- THE HOLY FOOL
Embodied Archetype Workshop - The Holy Fool
with Lewis Barfoot
Sunday 28th March 1pm-8pm
Price - €60.00
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Meet your inner Trickster, holy fool and sacred clown in a day dedicated to unearth the cunning, subversive, playful and boundary-crossing archetype of the Holy Fool. Trickster delights in all sorts of pranks, capers, mischiefs and jokes, shining a light on her own or other peoples stupidity, lies or shams. As a shapeshifter she holds the possibility of transformation. The fool has the ability to either laugh at the ridiculousness of life, or to cut through the social facade and reveal our hypocrisy in an acceptable way. Joseph Campbell said the Holy Fool is the most dangerous person on earth because she is willing to break from convention to take an action that is inspired from within. No one has power over the Fool. She is destined to answer the call, following it no matter what.
CONTENT - The workshop will include lots of games and play to fire up your inner trickster as well guided vocal and physical warm ups, group work, movement, free dance, sharing circles, singing simple folk songs, guided visualisations, writing responses and time to share and reflect in confidence with a circle of supportive women. These are empowering, beautiful sessions full of courage and play; suffused with ritual, healing and ceremony in celebration of the divine feminine experience. It is a space to dive into your fullness as a woman and be all you are without judgement or comparison.
WHO IS IT FOR?
If you are reading this, then it is probably for You. The workshop aimed at women, AFAB, female-identified, non-binary people and is trans-inclusive. We meet in confidence to journey together in sacred circle as a sisterhood. The work may may be therapeutic but it is not therapy. It does not involved any plant medicines. Suitable for all women, you really don't need to be an "artist" or "performer" to attend they are for all women. We meet in confidence to journey together in sacred circle as a sisterhood.
- You don't need to prepare anything.
- The workshop is limited 12 participants.
- Wear something you feel beautiful in and can move in.
- Bring at least 5 pieces of wild, playful, outlandish clothing that you don’t mind sharing with other participants. Think VAGABONDS. Hats and Wigs welcome too.
- Bring a water bottle, a pad or notebook and pen/pencils and snacks for the break.
- "The honesty and trust Lewis provides when working is beautiful”
- “Such a transformative workshop and thank you for holding the space so well”
- "You created such a special, warm & safe atmosphere”
- “I felt a deeper connection to aspects of myself that I don’t often connect with”
- “I felt IMMENSE CALM. A lovely way to spend the day - wonderful to be with these women”
- “ I found today extremely rewarding for my sense of self and my personal journey”
- Max 12 places
- RSVP To reserve your place book via Eventbrite or from U-Ticket
- If cancelled more than 7 days before workshop - 50% refundable
- If cancelled within 7 days of workshop - £0 refundable (Unless you find someone to take your place)
Thanks to Tamsin Haggis for the artwork. https://www.tamsinhaggis.com