Anna Mieke - Cork Folk Festival
Tickets €15 per person based on booking a table of 2 - 5 people (excluding booking fee)
Early Show Doors 19:30 / Starts 20:00
Late Show Doors 21:50 / Starts 22:15
Anna Mieke is the musical project of Anna-Mieke Bishop, who performs on Greek bouzouki, guitar and piano. Themes and inspiration for Anna Mieke’s songs stem from a colourful background of experience: learning Maori songs at school in New Zealand; hitch-hiking through Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria, picking up traditional songs along the way; cycling from her home in Wicklow to the southern tip of Spain; living in Granada for a time, and then, in Cork, performing cello in the experimental improv group, HEX.
As a solo performer and collaborative artist, she has joined forces with a diverse mélange of other artists, most notably Brían Mac Gloinn (of folk duo Ye Vagabonds), who adds drones on Indian harmonium and fiddle. Other, more recent, collaborators are Matthew Jacobson (of contemporary jazz ensemble Insufficient Funs) adding percussion and Ryan Hargadon on saxophone, clarinet and synth.
Anna Mieke has shared stages with many other artists, supporting the likes of Lisa Hannigan, Martin Hayes, This Is The Kit, Rozi Plain, Lankum, Gyda Valtysdottir (múm), Rachel Sermanni, Sarah Neufeld (Arcade Fire), and Ye Vagabonds.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE ARE REOPENING & THE SAFETY MEASURES THAT WILL BE IN PLACE
- We will be operating at a reduced capacity until further notice. Our new capacity will be reduced from 200 down to 40 fully seated, cabaret style at tables from 2 - 5 people. All tables are over 2 metres apart from each other.
- If you wish to attend the show then you must book a full table for your group to share with housemates, family or social bubbles. We ask you to remain at your table for the duration of the show except to use the toilets or the outside smoking area. You must prebook to attend the gig.
- Table service will be provided for patrons to comfortably access a fully stocked bar and brand new cocktail menu. We ask that you do not approach the bar while in the building. This is a service area for staff only.
- When you book your ticket we collect your name and email address for contact tracing. Before get to the venue we will be sending out a simple online safety screening form that must be filled in prior to your arrival. This can be done on any smartphone or computer so please make sure this is complete as we will not be able to admit your group without it.
- When queuing to enter the venue we ask you to remain at least 2 metres apart from the person in front of you as we check-in and seat people. Once you enter please wait to be seated.
- Your temperature will be checked before entering the building.
- There are hand sanitizing stations on entry and more throughout the building. All high touch areas are disinfected on a regular basis as are the toilets.
- Our staff will be wearing protective visors or face masks and everyone will be washing their hands religiously!
- While it is not compulsory, if you wish to wear a face mask in the venue we welcome the effort.
- The safety of our staff, customers and performers is paramount and the steps we are taking will ensure that everyone can enjoy their night and remain safe while doing so.